Thoughts and questions regarding Trump---
1. Since we are now facing authoritarianism, asking questions and making critical observations of folks in power is a hopeful and creative act. Finding ways to respond and move forward is a hopeful and creative act.
2. Elected Democrats at the city and county level now have national obligations. Millions of Americans in urban areas now have little or no political representation beyond the local level.
Local Democrats need first to have the capacity to imagine and consider the new circumstances. Then they need to find the courage and creativity to resist Trump.
Elected officials at the city and county level need to begin to assure the loyalty of local police forces to urban residents rather than to any unconstitutional orders from Trump and the federal government.
3. The Republican Party is now party of oligarchic and autocratic government based on white skin and linked to other such movements world wide, rather than being linked in any way to the majority of American people who do not hold such an outlook
4. Online opposition to Trump needs to find its own server space and ways to communicate outside of corporate owned social media networks.
5. If the libertarian outlook had ever been serious, they’d be screaming about the authoritarian tendencies of Trump.
Please share your thoughts, questions and ways forward with a comment as we stay the course against this terrible man and the terrible things he represents.
Please follow me on Instagram. My user name is Neil_Aquino. Please read all of NeilAquino.com. If you've seen a guy walking around Houston with a sign, that possibly was me. Here is my Zazzle store where I sell a few items that have slogans on them from my signs.