Who I'm Addressing---Who I Am
You have to have a concept of who you're addressing when offering a viewpoint or outlook or when writing a blog.
You also need to know who you are.
Here are some ideas and concepts that guide my efforts and intentions. They may or may not be instructive to anybody else. You'll have your own ideas as to what moves your efforts.
1. I'm an outsider who sometimes has connection to insiders.
2. I don't have responsibility to govern, but I've made sacrifices to remain outside.
3. I'm not always disciplined, but I've kept trying and offered some consistent themes in my efforts.
4. I don't feel elitism of a kind is contradictory to embracing a wide range of people. It may in fact help broaden your outlook.
5. I have the ability to reach people who are hopeful and engaged, but who may feel they have no clear place in our politics and society.
6. Success is adherence to convictions while remaining flexible, good personal relationships of any kind you choose, being a part of things while being yourself & getting it really right just once in life.
I've still got work to do to get to all this.
Leave a Reply.
Please subscribe to the feed of this fine blog. Thank you.